Monday, March 1, 2010

I think... its going to get harder

I think... it’s only gonna get harder

Wow!!! When was the last time i wrote a note here... when was the last time i wrote a note anywhere?!! Well, here I am my faithful “I think...” series followers. LOL!

Well, a lot has happened since last year. Yea, i quit my job for a job that some people though i was loosing my mind taking. Well, I cant here them now! And as D’banj puts it, “Suddenly” i got extremely busy!

Thanks to my job, I’m slowly but surely physically covering all the states in the country and I have been on those long flights heading outside the country quite a number of times...for work of course! But enough with me and my new job... thats not why im writing. I finally found time to write!

I have always complained that my job doesn’t afford me the luxury of hangin out with friends as often as i or they would like and there in lies the problem and the reason i am writing this morning! This issue is not peculiar to me... everyone with a job that keeps them on the road face this kinda problem... I am sure you are all wondering that maybe i have a solution to the problem, you know, like im gonna tell you how to manage your time better to accommodate everyone else. Well, im sorry to disappoint you because i have no answers. Sorry!

What i have to say however is this, no matter what you do... you have to figure it out. The sooner the better! Maybe you send money home or you call once in a while... thats all good but it can never be the same as actually being there, sharing your stories... you know letting the people you care about and those who care about you become part of the life that you live. I try my best to go and see my mom with the slightest opportunity i get... sometimes on my way to the airport and she understands that her son has a very busy schedule but she appreciates the fact that no matter how busy I am she can still see me and scold me and hug me and pray for me. She is happy she knows what her son does for a living... she is happy she can be a part of my life and she likes my girlfriend by the way. Hehehe!

The same goes for my friends... there was a time when we could all just hang out and plan our meeting the next day? Now I could call them in the morning to confirm our hangout spot for later in the day... in lagos and then find myself in Abuja that day. Im sure there are people who go through this but do we try to spend time with friends or call when we can? I think that makes the difference.

The nature of my job is a good reason to have constant fights with my girlfriend... sometimes i cant believe how understanding she is even when my job is straining the relationship... she is always supportive. She does let out some steam from time to time, but you would expect that right? And i know that she too would expect me to at least be there when im around, right? Right, So i do that!
I could go on and on and on... but this is about friends, family and the things we love to do... the things that make us feel happy and human. It could be spending Saturday or Sunday nights with the family and playing catch up... clubbing or playing video games with friends... or maybe just spending quality time with the one you love. Anything that can keep us sane in this insane world!

The truth is, it never gets easier... there is never more time and it will only get harder because people too will move on with their lives and let you be. Sometimes, people eventually find the time but I pray that when you do, it wont be spent in regrets and “what ifs”. Well... Selah!

Think about it!

Cheers guys and have a great day!

Godwin Tom
I think...

No comments: