Monday, March 1, 2010

I Think... We should get a little more conscious

Hey guys,

It’s been a while, hasn’t it? I have been… occupied.

Today on my “I Think…” series notes…lol, I would like to share the lyrics of the rap I wrote and recorded over the weekend. Yea… I also rap!

The idea is to awaken and educate us about certain things we say, especially the things that most of us either don’t know where it came from or we continually argue about. Well this rap is my argument… and I hope your education. Do your research... that should help.

“So many people don’t know now that’s called ignorance
some don’t want to learn, now that’s called stupidity, u see
we have slavery and liberty probably you’ll understand
if too many people stopped talking abnormally

Like coach Carter, I’ll call you “sir” and pray for help
Show you respect that you don’t have for yourself
First it was colonial masters, then alcohol, then weed
Now are we enslaving ourselves?

“Nigga” is a word used to insult the forefathers of a black man
Living in America
When fathers were sold as slaves, kids lost their mothers
In case you don’t know these people came from Africa…

From the Krus to the Dahomeans, Binis to Yorubas
They didn’t care, they even took the Hausas
From the Mongos to Ashantis, Efiks to fantis, they took them all
From the mandigos to the Ibos

Put them in ships and shipped them to work in fields to be beaten
Left to work in the sun without water or clothes
Beaten and slapped until they bleed but they hung on
Fought to the end till they were freed

They fought for their kids and grandkids
Even if the battle’s not over we see the dream of Luther, King Martin
Fought and in the process left legacies
Making sure their offspring won’t be used for shooting practice

But what do we see today? Brothers buying guns to kill each other
Why cant we all just get along and love each other, listen
I am NOT coloured, I am BLACK and PROUD
if you don’t hear me I’m saying it loud… DON’T CALL ME A NIGGA”

Please share your views.

Cheers

“I Think…”

No comments: