Monday, March 1, 2010

It is time!

It was 4:55am on Sunday and i decided to see for myself. Clear my doubts and know for a fact... that the way it is during the day is not the same why it would be or feel early in the morning. Without all the smoke from exhausts pipes of the buses and cars that flow to and from the place. I needed to be sure, so... there i stood trying real hard to convince myself that when i take in that deep breath, the smell would be different, that fresh air can actually be available in this part of the city. So here we go... breathe in, breathe... (cough,cough). No matter how much i prepared for the worse what hit me was not what i expected... Obalende still smelt terrible, even at 4:57am. Then I wept!

It really got me thinking and asking myself... “is anything in life free?” “What is the price we must pay to enjoy the bests things that we were told are free?”

Then i started thiking about all the things i was told are free... hapiness, Salvation, love, fresh air... yada yada yada. Are they really free? Isnt there a price to pay to acquire or earn these things?

Well i personally believe that nothing in life... nothing... is free! Nobody owes you anything!

There is a price for everything we desire, be it emotional, financial, physical, psychological or social. Payment may not need to be made in cash or cheques but a sacrifice has to be made.
If there has to be change in our lives, our families, our societies, our nation, our continent, our world... our generation... We MUST make sacrifices.

Nigeria is in our hands... Its our own. Our PRIDE is at Stake and it is time to embark on the MARCH that will bring about the CHANGE that we want in NIGERIA.

I have lived in Victoria Garden City and I have lived in Obalende... the good air we want is not free people. There is a price!

I love my country... I am a PROUD Nigerian but i don’t want to weep anymore for my country. I don’t want to keep sitting down doing nothing. I don’t want to keep talking about “it”, whatever “it” means to you that need to be changed in our nation. I don’t want to keep waiting for someone else to stand up and do something so i can follow. I don’t want to keep being the guy who just goes to work everyday feeling miserable and empty inside, feeling tired before the end of the day, having no time for myself during the day and going home feeling frustrated because of thoughts and ideas roaming in my head that will give people jobs, feed families, build our country... ideas that will truly make Nigeria Home!

So today, i have decided to move on...with nothing but a dream, hope and belief that i can be part of the Change that will cause a REVOLUTION! A new way of life where we love our nation... where our love for the nation keeps us together as one... not as Yoruba people, not as hausa people, not as Igbo people, not as Efik people but as Nigerians. It is high time we built Nigeria as a people, as a way of life, as Green, White, Green and most important... as HOME!

Today, i start the journey but i am feeling alone... will you join me?

If your answer is yes, then, lets start here...

http://www.new.facebook.com/group.php?gid=29268958422 

No comments: